1. any collection of particles (e.g., smoke or dust) or gases that is visible
2. a visible mass of water or ice particles suspended at a considerable altitude
3. out of touch with reality;"his head was in the clouds"
4. a cause of worry or gloom or trouble;"the only cloud on the horizon was the possibility of dissent by the French"
5. suspicion affecting your reputation;"after that mistake he was under a cloud"
6. a group of many insects;"a swarm of insects obscured the light""a cloud of butterflies"
1. make overcast or cloudy;"Fall weather often overcasts our beaches"
2. make less visible or unclear;"The stars are obscured by the clouds"
3. billow up in the form of a cloud;"The smoke clouded above the houses"
4. make gloomy or depressed;"Their faces were clouded with sadness"
5. place under suspicion or cast doubt upon;"sully someone's reputation"
6. colour with streaks or blotches of different shades
7. make milky or dull;"The chemical clouded the liquid to which it was added"